Acceleon prides itself on having access to and maintaining leading consumer and commercial contact databases. The purposes for which we use these databases include helping our clients to maintain and cleanse their customer databases and to locate customers that they have lost contact with.
With this in mind, we spend significant time and energy trying to ensure that our databases are current and in compliance with Australian regulations such as the Telecommunications Act and the Privacy Act.
Aside from having the largest and most current consumer databases, Acceleon provides the tools that allow it clients to access the data as efficiently as possible.
Debt Collections: This is the use case for which we are most active, and this is mostly because many of our customers are recruited after a clients has lost contact with a customer and a debt is delinquent. Debt collectors will look at current and historical records to try to locate a lost debtor through a variety of techniques (these techniques will always be within the Debt collection guidelines for collectors and creditors). This article will articulate how at least some portion of the collection process can be automated in any business.
Customer Relationship Management: Any business that has a substantial customer database should have a business imperative of ensuring that their customer records are current. Arguably the Australian Privacy Principles oblige companies to perform data quality work through APP10. The benefit is that any CRM activities can be performed confident in the knowledge that the contact information being used to contact clients is current and that any money spent on any form of customer communication is appropriately targeted.
Risk Management: Businesses that maintain accounts for customers should be more concerned about CRM data management than most. Our experience indicates that many businesses late or delinquent debt can be avoided simply by communicating with clients prior to a debt becoming overdue. In this case ensuring that your customer database is current helps to identify customers who you have recently lost touch with and therefore might become a delinquency risk that should be managed accordingly.
The staff at Acceleon have many years of experience with dealing with large databases and cleaning and maintaining customer databases. Consequently we have developed a variety of tools and techniques that help ensure that match rates are maximised and that as many traces can be found as possible. Some of these techniques include:
- Fuzzy and Phonetic Matching: There are some well-established techniques and algorithms regarding fuzzy and phonetic matching. Acceleon has encapsulated some of these and added some proprietary intelligence relative to the peculiarities that we see in various datasets to ensure that match rates are maximised.
- Leads: Using geographic based information and its knowledge of how people tend to move between addresses, Acceleon can provide strong leads to assist with finding customers who might have moved to a new address.
- Trace throughs: Acceleon adopts a variety of techniques to locate customers at a new address where we believe that the customer is no longer at the address that has been provided.
- History – No Longer at address functionality finds matches against our history file where no current matches can be found. Unlike some of our competitors, if we are unable to verify a phone number within a relatively short period of time we move them to our history file. This helps ensure that our current file is the most current in the industry. It also means that sometimes a historical match could contain current information. Clients can take this information in one of a number of ways depending on their use case.
- If the client is an account holder, the creditor can view it as a risk indicator. That they should follow up with the client and check whether anything has changed.
- If the client is a debt collector, they can take the information and add it to the investigation for skip tracing further follow-up.
- If the client is a CMR manager, they might choose to lower the priority of historical matches for their marketing activities and focus on those where the current contact details have been confirmed.
So with all of this in mind, there are a number of approaches that we can provide that allow our clients to automate their CRM management and skip tracing capabilities.
Locate Batch: Locate Batch packages up the features described above and mimic many of the searches that skip tracers perform when trying to find lost customers until a customer’s details are confirmed or new details are found.
Locate Business Batch: Locate Business Batch is for businesses what Locate Batch is for consumers. Business name matching is an entirely different problem to matching consumer names. The sorts of problems that business name matching face include:
- Businesses will often have multiple legal and trading names.
- Unique business name spellings often result in incorrect spellings in customer lists.
- As with consumer names, typographical errors are often found.
Our business batch offering acknowledges these issues and performs a variety of searches to ensure that the results provided are of the highest quality and are current.
Locate Single API: If your agency has a series of proprietary searches that it instructs operators to perform against our Locate system, then these operations can be encapsulated in your own programming logic and applied to our web service API. This allows you to save the time of your operators, and allows them to spend more time on the phones.
You can see here that there are a variety of mechanisms available to allow you to save time and money when performing your collections and CRM quality activities. Acceleon is well renowned for providing the most current, reliable and privacy compliant data sets available in the industry. The applications that are coupled with the data sets provides the most compelling CRM management and collections tools available in the industry.